Pulliam Journalism Scholarships Application
Applications due: February 15, 2020
The Pulliam Journalism Scholarships are available for incoming freshmen or transfers, sophomores, juniors, and seniors attending Taylor University who have a declared journalism major. These scholarships are not renewable but past recipients may re-apply for additional years. $55,000 in total scholarships were awarded in 2019-2020 to journalism majors. All incoming freshman and transfer applicants must write a single biographical essay about only one of the following historical figures for whom these scholarships are named. Essay should be 600 words. It is assumed applicants will do research on named scholarship individual as part of and prior to writing and submitting the essay. Current TU students applying for scholarships have a different essay writing assignment. Please contact Dr. Alan Blanchard with questions about the application or scholarship: email@example.com or 765-998-5572.
- I.B. Pulliam Christian Legacy Journalism Scholarship
- Eugene S. Pulliam Journalism Internship Scholarship
- Russell B. Pulliam Commentary Journalism Scholarship
- Cal Thomas Journalism Scholarship
- McCandlish Phillips Journalism Scholarship
- Abraham Kuyper Journalism Scholarship
- Hannah More Journalism Scholarship
- Elijah P. Lovejoy Journalism Scholarship
- William Allen White Journalism Scholarship
- Accepted full-time student at Taylor University with a declared Journalism major.
- Scholarship is not renewable and is only for one academic year. Past recipients may re-apply.
- Student must be engaged in writing weekly for The Echo both semesters.
- Scholarship is dependent upon continued generosity of donors to Taylor's journalism program.
- Apply and be accepted to Taylor University
- Complete and submit scholarship application by February 15